Guide to How Much Alcohol and Drinks to Buy for a Wedding and What Is Trending
A wedding is the best day of a couple’s life as they make their love for each other official in the eyes of the law. Despite your wedding day being the best day ever for you and your partner, you also want your family and friends to enjoy the event. One sure fire way to ensure your wedding guests have the time of their lives watching you tie the knot is to make sure that drinks are flowing. If you are planning a wedding, this guide will help you know how much alcohol and drinks you should buy for your upcoming wedding day and what is trending in regards to the alcohol being requested or served at weddings today!
Wedding Works @ the Art Factory is a unique New Jersey wedding venue located only 12 miles from New York City. Our expert, in-house wedding planners are skilled at ensuring every detail of your big day is perfect. With the help of our wedding planning team, we can help you choose what trending drinks to provide and calculate how much you will need to keep everyone happy during your wedding.
How to Calculate How Much Alcohol You Need at Your Wedding
Alcohol will likely be one of the more pricey items on your wedding budget. However, even though having alcohol available to guests may put a dent in your wallet, it is worth it if it means keeping guests happy and enjoying themselves. When calculating how much alcohol you will need to provide at your wedding, consider the following factors:
- Guests are notorious for getting a drink and setting it down half-full to go dance or mingle
- As the event goes on, offer drinks with lower alcohol levels. For example, offer cocktails at the reception, wine pairings with dinner, and specialty cocktails or beer and wine for the after-party
- The longer your after-party is schedule to last, the more alcohol you will need to provide
Another factor to consider is the time and season of your wedding. Daytime weddings may not require as much alcohol and drinks as an evening event. The season you hold your wedding in may also dictate the type of alcohol you provide, like white and rose wines for summer and reds for winter.
What Are Current Trends for Providing Alcohol at Weddings?
In the wedding industry, trends change as quickly as the weather. If you are unsure how you want to approach serving alcohol at your wedding, consider the following trends that other couples are utilizing to keep the drink flowing and their guests happy.
- Full Open Bar: This option gives guests free range to choose whatever drinks they would like that are able to be made by the bartender. This option is often the most expensive.
- Partial Open Bar With Specialty Cocktails: If you want to provide your guests with a free option without breaking the bank, offer a selection of one or two signature or specialty cocktails that they can choose at the bar with an option to purchase other drinks if they prefer.
- Cash-Only Bar: Your guests will have to purchase their own drinks with this option.
Whatever you choose, having drinks available for your guests is important in making sure they party with you and your spouse all night long. To get help planning every aspect of your upcoming nuptials, contact a wedding planning expert as soon as possible.
Book Your New Jersey Wedding at Wedding Works!
When planning your New Jersey wedding, every detail needs to be perfect, from the drinks served to the flower arrangements, to ensure that you and your guests are having fun while celebrating what will be the best day of your life. The epic and historic wedding venue at Wedding Works @ the Art Factory can help you customize the event space to perfectly embody your ideal wedding day. To book a New York style wedding at a New Jersey price, get in touch with our wedding experts by filling out our contact form or calling (973) 281-4264 today!